PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Polish Government Tu154M crash
View Single Post
Old 15th Apr 2010, 18:56
Alice025

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ptkay, yes, Izvestia wrote that Polish Health Minister was in Moscow and recognised Maria Kachinsky by her ring, with the ingraving inside, wedding ring.
Awful disaster.

I also read that reference to that last 20 minutes recorded, and cleaned out of noise and extra sounds, as I understood. The man who posted flat refused to say in whose office he was let to listen to the recording. From questions trying to extract out of him more, I understood there is no command or interferance of the Polish President into the crew work recorded. But that from discussions of the crew btw themselves it follows they only said to the ground that "we will try once and if doesn't work will go away to the reserve airport" but in fact didn't plan to, at all. They not so much "tried" but were simply landing whatever it will be.

My unscientific idea is all were way too polite, in comms, airport-airplane.
To the prev. Russian plane the airport said go away and they went away, llike, ground says airplane does, they trusted each other. Now, when the controller was interviewed, it's not for nothing they were asking him why didn't you, like, shout them a big No and many times over again. Did they swear at you, or what, why didn't you, like, shouted at them, repeatedly - stop it!
And it appears that nobody knows if a military airplane landing at a civil-military airport, has to do unequivocally what the ground tells him, type Aye Aye Sir. For the controller it was a foreign military plane, and moreover "Bort Nomer Odin" - Board No 1 (carrying Head of a State). I think if it were an own plane, going across the controller, confirming they got it, that landing impossible, and still saying "we will try once" - the ground controller will find some words, very expressive, to re-convince.
But that's just my general feeling, I am no aviator.

Pilots in the blog discuss could the controller deny them the airport, somehow, entirely, under IATA? some article, and arrived to the conclusion that couldn't have been, none of the 3 reasons there (plane position not allowing landing, too short distance between landing planes, technical defects of the runway).