PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Forget Expats.. where are the Indian Commanders going ?
Old 15th Apr 2010, 16:27
drive73

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I still am trying to figure out gimmy's theory as well? And what perks do expats get other than housing paid that the locals don't get?? Don't tell me time off either. Most locals have 5 or less overnights. Spend two months away from your family at a time and then tell me the 2 weeks off are a perk. And you will always have to pay an expat more than a local to live in the conditions most Indian cities are in. No one would come if the pay wasn't worth it. We make more, but our standard of living is way below the locals. Every fo I fly with has live in maids some have more than one. With the pay I receive I still am a middle class joe. Gimmy live in a place that you can drink the tap water for a few years, where malaria isn't still a factor, where there is a sewer and water treatment facility in the city, parks that kids can actually play at. And then tell me you shouldn't be paid more to come work here. This place has some neat places, but lets knot kid ourselves your country has some standard of living issues you must really work on and until you do you will have locals who want to leave. Not only do they make more money, but they have clean air and a nice quality of life outside there house.