PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 14th Apr 2010, 21:17
raguoC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icare9
I am grateful for you taking the time to look in at North Sheen. Are you located in or near London? I was there today assisting my daughter but sadly we had insufficient time to visit Derek Olver's grave although we had looked up the location courtesy of the internet the night before.
Derek's widow Kathleen was my mother. She remarried in 1945 and died in 1999, which was three years after my father passed away. My brother, Derek Olver's son lives in Canada with his wife and son, two daughters and their spouses and his grandchildren. It is on their behalf that I am doing this research, which I want to make available to all of Derek Olver's offspring. The fact that I am the one currently living in the U.K. is a strange twist of fate that enables to pursue this goal.
While searching the internet this morning, I discovered "RAF Commands" and will in due course widen my net to include that website too. I dare say that this is where you made your queries on my behalf under another guise for which I am, as previously stated grateful. Thank you yet again.