PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Training – How did your Family cope?
View Single Post
Old 14th Apr 2010, 17:13
Izzys & Archies Dad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Training – How did your Family cope?

Knocking on the door of 40 and knowing ‘I should know better’ despite those nice pink Glasses, I’ve signed up to a Distance Learning Course and intend to fly!
I’ll be honest, on several occasions I’ve fallen out of love with the ‘Wannabe Forum’ particularly (having put myself in many shoes and weighed the ‘ups + downs’) as some of the pragmatic less encouraging comments often muted on here deserve considerable thought.
Yet, there is the occasional good news snippet where the tenacious just keep, keep trying and get that first job or those that just happen to know someone who knows someone get a break, and of course those who just get lucky, anyone of these could be me!
I’m attempting to evaluate both the best practical training route for which there is plenty of reference material already here but also request how the more experienced audience’s families coped during the practical commercial training?
My good lady suggests going abroad & do it in one hit and will bring the kids out during holidays and hopefully we’ll remain Mr + Mrs……
The little ‘Id’ in me agrees wholeheartedly and all the nice bits of flying in the States when I was single some time ago flood back, however they may well cope admirably without me but I’m not so sure I would without them…well the kids at least!!!
My thoughts are to stay here in the UK and either commute daily to one of my local schools from here in Manchester, or return home at the weekends from a school further afield, but…

Does this upset the training continuity or become a welcome break?
Despite best intentions, does daily life intervene?
Does the subsequent lifestyle suit?

All thoughts would be very welcome, thank you in advance.