PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 14 years old, dream career is an Airline Pilot.
Old 2nd Apr 2010, 13:04
Omlaaay

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My 'Lifeplan' to becoming an Airline Pilot (Hypothetically speaking)

Okay, so my dream is to be a Commercial Airline Pilot. I have a total passion for it, and I am only 14 years old. I'll work my ass off to get there.
As I know training is super expensive, and most of the advice I have been given so far, people have said, have something to fall back on and find a job first so I can pay for training without getting in a tonne of debt. After taking this into consideration, I decided to plan out my life. Yes, I know you can't just plan your life out, and stick to it. But hypothetically speaking, if I could go down the route I have decided, is it a good idea?:

- Join Air Cadets
- Go on a Trial Flight
- Finish GCSE’s
- Get a Weekend Job
- Do A-Levels
- Get a Part-Time Job
- Get a PPL
- Go to University and get a Degree in something ICT related (My ‘Plan B’)
- Get a Job that takes advantage of my recent degree.
- Pass ATPL
- Get CPL License
- Look for a job as a Airline Pilot
- If there isn’t any, continue with my current profession and keep looking.
- If there is, quit current job and begin the start of my career is an Airline Pilot.

What do people think to this? Honest opinions please.

You probably think I'm totally naive to try and think of my life like this, but if you fail to prepare than prepare to fail?
I know there's not many piloting jobs out there at the minute, but who knows what it could be like in 10 years time? And at least I'd have a 'Plan B' to fall back on.

Anyone have any advice for me to become an Airline Pilot? If there's any pilot's out there, please can you tell me how you became one?

Thank you so much.

Emily.