PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - age limits in ATC
View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2010, 20:13
AngeleToR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New retirement age for spanish controllers

The new law that will subsitute the royal decree currently being applied to us, spanish ATC, is in its final round before final approval, and (amongs MANY other things) it changes the retirement age.

In about 15 days, when the said law gets finally approved, my mandatory retirement age will be 57, no matter if I'm in excellent shape to keep working 10 more years!!! Honestly speaking, my thought was to retire at 55 or little older and enjoy my last years travelling with my wife in our van (males in my family don't reach the 70's very often ) but now, at 57 the company WILL retire me from frecuency and they will offer me 'another job' and pay me according to it... Which job??? Related to ATM?? Related to aviation at least???

In spain (intentionally undercased) the goberment plans to raise the retirement age to 67 (if not older when I get there, in 30 loooong years...) so my last 10 work years may be spent stapling papers or bringing coffees, being paid accordingly, of course. My retirement income would be calculated according to my last years working, so it will get sustantially lower... Great business for the company and for the goverment, not so the worker...

Bye bye from spain-zuela (catch the joke?? )