PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Blackpool Fuel Charges / A Disgrace
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2010, 08:13
A and C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blackpool a bad joke

Two visits to Blackpool and that was enough to put me off for life.

Visit one in the Robin parked on an undulating bit of rough ground that had the makings of a prop strike, the security wanting to take all sorts of safety equipment away from us resulting in a lot of trouble and high fees.

Visit two in a Boeing 737-800, had to hold away from the ramp due to no parking spaces. This was due to the ramp workers who had very little idea of what how to load or unload aircraft. The push back that should take 2 or 3 Min took 20 min with two aircraft almost ending up on the grass. This was down to untrained tug drivers. The only upside was very helpfull ATC who informed me that the day before the ramp monkeys has dammaged the back end of an Airbus.

As I did not want to have a very new airliner at the mercy of these numptys I arranged with ATC to park the aircraft across two stands in a position that I could taxi away from without using the tug. The guy with the bats face was a picture when I just parked the Boeing in the spot that I wanted.

The local management were not very pleased with my parking and even less pleased when I let them know how I regarded management of this micky mouse airport.

Why am I not surprized when they try this sort of thing with the fuel invoicing when the management have demodstrated to me that they would have trouble running a welk stall?