PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why do you want to become a pilot....
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2010, 01:33
holdmetight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FO4EVA - I wouldn't necessarily agree. People like flying for a variety of different reasons, and airline flying certainly has its own unique set of challenges. Being an S/O with CX is hardly an appealing job, but the day will come when you get two bars on your shoulder. That's what people can aspire towards, definitely not being an S/O!

Darling - That's very true. CX are obviously looking at people who can prove they will stick with the company in the long-run. They want people who can make command and stay on. You may well be asked "Why do you want to be a pilot" in the online application but you can be sure as hell they will ask why you want to be a Cathay pilot during the interview.

That's strange though, not too long ago they were asking "Why do you want to become a Cathay Pacific cadet pilot?" Seems they have now changed their tune!

Iceman_Wannabe - The cheesier, the better! Having said that, originality is what is important. I have a friend who applied a couple of years back, and he answered the "why do you want to be a pilot" question by simply saying "I want to fly." He was given an interview.