PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SkyWest A320
Thread: SkyWest A320
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2010, 10:01
evilc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fantastic Skystar A320! That is good news for the inspection process around the aircraft's 17 years of operation. I now understand your point in your previous posts - thank you. This should reduce the process to weeks, not months.

However, that does not change all the other elements that must be addressed prior to the issue of the CofA and subsequent AOC in the Australian regulatory environment. I standby my remaining assertions. Don't expect to see this aircraft flying in service for XR before the end of the year.

I also hear that the union will only allow 2 direct entry captains for the two most senior positions, yet the two experienced chaps offered positions have graciously declined. The lack of a flight crew experience base can scuttle plans just as quickly as incomplete records, ageing aircraft rules or engineering capabilities.

I have no axe to grind and no wish for the project to be doomed. I am just stating the facts of what is required to turn a nicely painted airframe into an operational aircraft in Australia. I have never been employed by Skywest and have no need to be in the future.