PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2010, 10:07
AlexanderB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
At least you know what in particular you need to improve the most on.

I went fairly well on the instrument comprehension test, got up to about question 52 from memory. One thing you should do is to take a really good look at the layout of the instruments in the example question just so you don't spend too much time in the test trying to decipher the poorly printed labels.

Heres some of the resources I used to revise:

http://www.airforce.mil.nz/downloads...detestinfo.pdf
(some of the questions in this test are really similar to our tests, especially the aviation math ones)

The link posted by rotor11 is another really good one I used (Theres a really good method for solving speed distance and time questions)

Another good one is the "ARCO Military Flight Aptitude Testing" book which you should be able to find for free on the internet as a pdf file, if you can't find it or it doesn't work just tell me and I'll send it to you. The aircraft orientation questions are really good because the dodgy images are just like the ones in the real test. Only some of the material in this one is relevant.

APST IPAS

Also have a quick look at some photos of macchi's, from memory the aircraft silhoutte is that of a macchi (ex RAAF and RAN training jet)

When are you re-sitting the testing?
----------------------------------------------------------------------
coolmanc172, my guess is probably not although they might pay careful attention to this in particular.

We'll see what some of the others have to say...