PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What will the AFPRB say this year?
View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2010, 21:21
HEDP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The AH SNCO deal is great for the lads. I understand that the only reason it has not happened before now (and in time to stop some of the damage that is already done) is because it would be seen to be devisive. It is a crying shame however that it is only for SNCO's as the main drain on AH is the loss of officers. How many SNCO AH pilots have gone to the RAF as opposed to officers going the same way? I am guessing that officers are overborne covering for gaps in the SNCO ranks but surely any AH pilot saved is better than one lost, officer or SNCO! Ironically we will now have officers doing the same job on significantly less pay then SNCOs, what will the result be on officer retention? I would imagine the majority of SNCO's will not yet be at their IRP and so will not need retaining and given the measure is only to last 3 years then most wil miss out. Short term, minimal targetting therefore minimal effect. Officers will continue to leave therefore the AH seats will remain vacant, the quality of life will not improve and more will leave........

All IMHO,

HEDP