PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 2009 Profit Results
View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2010, 15:01
IFB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ex Cathedra

Certainly seems that Captains are pissed. But SLS was our choice and you did not have to take SLS if you didn't want too. When I signed up to the scheme I was sceptical that any would be paid back, but if you thought it was just a loan then I guess I can understand your anger! All that said if the company offered me an additional 4 weeks leave next year at a cost of under 3 days pay then I would jump at the chance. Perhaps you are right I am paid too much, or perhaps I just value my time off more than you do. If the company offer you an extra 4 weeks leave next year at such a cost will you take it?

Are you a captain? If yes then did you take COS08 and age 65? Are you happy with that? Some might say that was a divide an conquer issue. Be interested to know which side of the fence you fell on that one? I may not make captain, but that will probably be due to COS08. However before you jump to any conclusion on how I feel over that little issue let me point out that I have made no indication one way or the other.

As for the industry news update. Hmmm do you actually read that!!! My comments were based on real people rather than company spin. The fact is I know dozens of people in many airlines. Some are better off than me and some are worse. However, the simple fact is that my friends of similar age and time in the civilian world are ALL worse off that I am after the financial downtown. Maybe you are right rather than compare my situation with people of similar age experience and time in aviation I should compare myself to all the A scalers instead. Of course some may say that that was an unrealistic comparison! Bugger......What to do!

With regard the profit share that is a diffent situation and one which I have made no comment on so am somewhat surprised that you feel you know my opinion. Well done you! If you really can read minds then maybe you should put yourself forward to the AOA as a negtiator. We could do with that sort of help on our side! Of course you may be wrong, but there is little point in me commenting as you have already made up your mind on what I think!