PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet pilots, your management are taking the piss now
Old 3rd Mar 2010, 16:40
Dreamshiner

I really can't believe what I'm reading. I think based on the poll and what's been written on a number of threads so far a distinct separation is forming between big (national) BALPA and little (local/company) BALPA.

Maybe its not enough that the trend is having your own little company specific union i.e.

BA BALPA
EZY BALPA
TCX BALPA

but now maybe we should be looking at further splitting i.e.

BA BALPA FO
BA BALPA SFO Shorthaul LGW
BA BALPA SFO Longhaul LGW
BA BALPA SFO Shorthaul LHR
BA BALPA SFO Longhaul LHR
BA BALPA CAPT Shorthaul LGW
BA BALPA CAPT Longhaul LGW
BA BALPA CAPT Shorthaul LHR
BA BALPA CAPT Longhaul LHR
BA BALPA CAPT HAMBLE LGW
BA BALPA CAPT HAMBLE LHR

EZY BALPA CADET
EZY BALPA FO
EZY BALPA SFO
EZY BALPA CAPT

and on and on and on, each with their own agenda's, specific membership cards, reps and level of influence over the management. Obviously this is a nonsense, the whole reason a union works is that the majority pull together for the common good. I can understand management rubbing their hands with glee at the prospect of divide and conquer (Jesus, we established an empire by employing it) but when pilots start aligning themselves it is bloody worrying.

What I've read is the EZY CC made a stand with Capt's but didn't follow up with the same gusto for FO's. What message does that send about your fellow colleagues and industry as a whole.

Maybe its time we remembered that while we all (industry wide) tend to support a change in relations/interaction with airport security and rest being a 'big' issue, to suggest this current EZY behaviour can't be taken on and addressed nationally combined with a lack of evidence of any action makes me glad my subs stay in my bank account.

Last edited by Dreamshiner; 3rd Mar 2010 at 16:59.