PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UAE offers to extend Forces' stay in exchange for more Canadian flights
Old 28th Feb 2010, 16:21
nolimitholdem

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wiz,

The good old false analogy- because I agree with EK gaining access to the Canadian market I must be a relentless sycophant for EK.
Well, no. Actually that opinion was derived from any random sampling of your posts on different topics re: EK.

A lot of what EK has done in the last two years has been reprehensible, immoral, and ultimatley counter-productive. That doesn't mean that the companies continues success will not be ultimatley more beneficial to it's employees than its failure.
I don't think EK will fail because it only has three flights/week to YYZ. That's the sort of rhetoric their own literature already contains.

Standing up to bullies is hardly the same thing as vindictiveness. If you truly believe that, opening markets to operators that are able to compete so efficiently largely due to their ability to leverage advantages such as a workforce with no contractual, legal or human rights protections, is the way forward then we really will just have to agree to disagree.

I have no love lost for Air Canada or any over-entitled company, legacy carrier, whatever...anywhere. But the alternative - a company with zero scruples, a cynical ability to lie their way past pretty much situation, to manipulate and abuse their employees without compunction, is not something I want having increased access to my country, which once was and once again soon will be my home. How your former home government deals with them is up to them. ferris does an excellent job detailing the shift in OZ of what you called the "thriving" aviation sector.

In the end you have made it clear that you only care about your own continued employment and enrichment, which you link to the success of EK. I'd like to think that there will still be pilot jobs one day that don't require one to hold their breath from the stench of their own company's practices while they try to make a living. This will be harder to achieve if the international markets are dominated by carriers based in the armpits of the planet like the UAE.