PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dragonair (KA) recruitment?
View Single Post
Old 26th Feb 2010, 13:11
holdmetight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hypothesizing

Yvonne,

I think whoever can meet a certain average in the AT will be given the opportunity for an interview. If they have a 1st interview quota of 100 people, then they will take 100 candidates who can pass the threshold for the AT. If a candidate does not meet the required standard in the AT, he/she will not get a 1st interview, and someone from the list of Initial Test candidates will be pulled up to replace him/her. This happens until 100 people pass the AT, then from then on it will be the interviews and group exercise that depends who move onto flight grading.

Each year they take a different number of people at each stage. Around 100 people make it to the 1st interview, 30 make it to the 2nd interview + group exercise, and 15 get to flight grading. KA does not provide you with a book to study for the 2nd (technical) interview; you are expected to find materials on your own initiative.

The KA time schedule is quite flexible. I have a friend who was told to wait for 3 weeks, but only got called after 5. I suppose if you didn't turn in a top-notch performance in the tests, you will then serve as a back-up to other better candidates. It doesn't mean you have been rejected, as you can be called up if those "better candidates" failed to pass the subsequent stage.

Last edited by holdmetight; 26th Feb 2010 at 13:23.