PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet pilots, your management are taking the piss now
Old 23rd Feb 2010, 21:45
luvly jubbly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Being experienced and out of work (although I have secured part time work), I have noticed a change to airlines recruiting minima. Today, most jobs are asking for ATPL + TR + 500hrs on type + 2000hrs TTetc (The goalposts are always moving away from whet you can afford to pay.)
What this means is if you are willing to borrow the cash and take the gamble, you really have to hope that you can secure a full time job with that airline, because nobody else will touch you until you have 2 or 3 years flying experience.....

I think we are just about to witness, for the first time, a massive amount of wannabes or low timers having to declare bankrupcy to survive. For most this would be the end of the dream. And yet there are endless queues still remortgaging and borrowing way beyond their means because "It won't happen to me..." or "There will be a pilot shortage" or "By the time I'm trained the airlines will be hiring again" etc

Just read the threads in http://www.pprune.org/professional-p...nd-studies-14/

It's beyond belief that so many are still coming through.

Eventually, there will be a massive public outcry when they realise that ANYONE can sit up front, as long as they (or Daddy) have the readies. As usual in the UK this would end up with a draconian overreaction by the authorities, banning training from all revenue flights. And how much would that cost the airlines in legitimate training??

Just a few thoughts on the matter. If you disagree, I don't really care!

LJ

PS for those wannabes who think it's easy to pay large sums back, after gaining ATPL in 2001, I have 5000hrs TT, 3500hrs jet time and I still owe £30K in training costs.....