PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Moonee Ponds International Airport(YMEN)
View Single Post
Old 23rd Feb 2010, 21:22
ramble on

Received 39 Likes on 9 Posts
Melbourne

Geeez Station8,

Your mention of the Melbourne-Tulla rail link has got me reeallly wound up - where are my pills?

Warning - rant coming:-

I don't know what is going on in Australia.

With what we pay in taxes it is a joke that Tulla has no public transport link.

I had to get in a taxi the other day to go down to Essendon from Tulla and the taxi driver nearly spat in my face when he discovered how short a journey he was getting. I got out and went upstairs and got in a drop-off cab, who was real happy.

Melbourne, and most of the other Australian capitals are creaking at the seams and it shows in the attitudes of the general population now.

We all seem to have the pressure rages just simmering underneath the surface and it is let go with the smallest of catalysts - in traffic or in crowds, or when we get the bills that are never ending. Australians are no longer polite or well mannered, or seem to have pride.

Maybe its because we pay huge taxes plus GST and look at the sh1tty infrastructure.

The citylink tollways in Melbourne? FFS? The system is a serious p1sstake and ridiculous cost where in most other countries it would be free. And we just can't build a decent road. The system is like me - ready for a quadruple bypass.

Flinders St station is like a sewer.

Roads that resemble goat tracks, limited bike paths unless you live in the 'name' suburbs, trams and trains destroyed with graffiti and abuse.

Either the train or tram system should be buried underground, and the recovered arterial rail land used for proper road and bike links.

What is going on?

We are 100 years behind. Time for a revolution!