PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airline Economics and Captain Kremin
View Single Post
Old 18th Feb 2010, 21:35
teresa green

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well breakfast, two sprogs are in QF, one in JQ and he is the only one not whinging. After yesterdays report and the poor profit, (which would only be gambling money to the Packers) and the report, if not for JQ, QF would be out with a begging bowl, I would have to remain pleased that QF own JQ. This of course is the result of the world downturn, and we should all be grateful that QF has not gone the way of JAL and other airlines (especially American) that have faltered and fallen. Where it all goes from here nobody knows, but as I stated before if I was a young pilot, just coming in from bush bashing with the hours up and looking starry eyed into the future, I would not be rushing into QF if I got a guensey, (this attitude would be unheard of even five years ago but that is how much times have changed) simply because you and I (especially my era ) could expect to see ourselves in the LHS at a certain age, but for any youngster now things are not so defined, so he/she needs to look long and hard at the LCC as perhaps a better future. I believe that eventually that QF and JQ will become a hybred, a merging so to speak, it will need too, to survive in a future world, where it leaves aircrew I shudder to think, and hope I am still around to see the outcome, as I said before interesting times ahead.