PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Not interested in Jet republic?
View Single Post
Old 18th Feb 2010, 07:29
His dudeness

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
but will matter a great deal to anyone whose reputation was sullied in this way. To have to view personal (as opposed to business or even behavourial) attacks highlights for me the importance of traditional journalism.
If there would have been traditional journalism, the whole thing woulf have not started anyhow. I didn´t see any critical reporting, but a lot of slightly altered press releases enthusiasticly praising this whole new concept of fresh coffee on an aeroplane...
I´m just a little pilot, to dumb to be an entrepreneur or anything, but even I know that:

1) NetJets needed roughly 10 years to make a profit in Europe
2) NetJets is backed by one of the richest guys on this little blue ball
3) NetJets would not sit back and let someone else take the butter of their bread
4) The Lear 60 was the wrong aeroplane to begin with. Just look up London City on a regular day and the movements of NetJets, then you know why its essential to have an aeroplane that is capable of going to other places than 5000ft plus runways.
5) Fresh Coffee does not make the difference

I thought about applying to JR at the time, but decided against it because of 1 to 5.

So what did JB achieve and/or invent? His business idea was basically NetJets 2.0, his choice of airplane most likely only cost-driven, thus he cornered himself.

What are his merits? a few years of RAF, a few years of NetJets. has he been outstanding succesful in either role? I don´t know, but if he would have, probably one would have read about it.

Add these ingredients to selfcentrered PR and you´ll earn comments like the ones you can read here.

Maybe I´m dead wrong, but having met more than one of the type in aviation...