PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lufthansa Pilots to ballot on strike action
Old 17th Feb 2010, 13:10
Otterman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wish my valued colleagues success in their struggle against management. Our profession has gone through a drastic downturn in terms and conditions. If the pilots at the top airlines (and Lufthansa meets that criteria whichever way you want to measure it), can’t maintain a reasonable living the guys at the smaller, more vulnerable airlines don’t stand a chance. Of course the usual whiners will threaten and cajole the pilots, but the passenger has very little loyalty as is, it is all down to price. The negotiation demands are more than reasonable. Airline managers are solidly in line with our esteemed bankers, quarterly results, and bonuses are all the matters.

TB10er don’t be so high and mighty. If you pay for your own tickets you will use the internet to get the best price, again very little brand loyalty in this business, otherwise the “low”-cost carriers wouldn’t be a big as they are. This goes way beyond your little concerns! I can read between the lines how much you value the persons who transport you.