PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What happened after my Pilapt assessment.
Old 15th Feb 2010, 12:47
Crescentpirate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Excuse me but...

I am sorry Crescentpirate but if your comments are typical of wannabees in this game then not only does that explain to me why F/O's seem to be getting worse, (arrogant beyond belief AND incapable), with time but also where this industry in heading.
a) If you think it is a good idea to borrow sh1t loads of money with no intention to pay it back you may well be in for quite a shock!
b) Right from the outset you speak of earning loads of money. Again you are in for a big shock.
c) I can see to you it's all about buying a position in an airline. That is where you may be right however as that seems the only way in at the mo... for 6 months anyway!

Why not grow up and research what flying is really all about. Particularly the correct personality required in this job. Most of what you need to know re. the job market is on PPRuNe and it is not good reading.

There ya go from 28 years in the biz with piston single pilot charter, turbo prop, corporate medium jet, airline, and heavy experience!

Oh, and by the way...there is no pilots shortage. There never has been and there never will be. Amazing these schools still play that line and suckers take it in. I guess you believe what you want to believe.
With the kindest regard...you do not have a clue who I am or know my passion for flying. I have done research and have simply came to throw a few ideas out there to the community and see the response. This is not about the money to me but in the end of the day, I have to be a businessman about this. If innocent people get hurt in my achievement morally this is something I can live with because I have not been born, I am not living until I am in the sky. My family are very supportive and I have told them everything including the risks. They are encouraging me to go ahead regardless.

So thank you for your input, but your opinions at this point do not matter to me if you are to simply question my passion and my intentions of why I chose this career.