PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 14th Feb 2010, 09:38
Chugalug2

Received 221 Likes on 69 Posts
John Blakeley:
Perhaps some of the supporters of the GN verdict who clearly know what the thinking was at the time could answer some of these questions - I am particularly keen to learn how the assurances given at paragraph 5 of the Flight Safety Directive were actioned.
Your very interesting and informative post reminds us that there are those who post here who have been there, got the tee shirt etc, long before many of we Johnny Come Lately's appeared. How interesting that the AOC-in-C had time to criticize you personally yet not even acknowledge let alone answer your detailed and to my mind devastating deconstruct of his infamous finding. He may yet be required to answer those and other questions perhaps. We are from time to time navigated around the same old buoys be they TANS, SA, breakfast (No, scratch that! I mentioned it but I think I've got away with it ;-) etc, but perhaps we are at last able to see the entire wood now. There are many who prefer not to. I would wish that the Royal Air Force were not burdened by this scandal, but burdened it is and not by those who have struggled to bring all this out into the open. This won't go away and can only be dealt with by those who now lead the Royal Air Force. Restore the reputations of these two Junior Officers forthwith, and bring to account those who were responsible for the Gross Lack of Airworthiness of the aircraft in which they died.
Let Right Be Done!