PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What happened after my Pilapt assessment.
Old 9th Feb 2010, 17:32
Crescentpirate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What happened after my Pilapt assessment.

I attended an assessment with the pilot training college and secured a place on the course. After achieving a 9 out of 10, all that was left to do was arrange my medical and secure my finance.

Ah finance...the divider of the classes.
I did not expect to succeed. I simply shown up out of curiosity, expect a failure and focus on what needed improving but it turned out I was very capable of being trained. My only problem now is the finance itself.

I don't want to go down the modular route. I know what people say about Integrated, that its just a general mark-up on an already good product and that its a waste of cash and so on and so forth but I have a feeling about this place.
It may seem stupid to some, but it just felt right being there.

I'm not knocking modular, but I want to do my training fast. I want to be miles away from home, surrounded and immersed in aviation knowing that when I return home i'll either bring immense pride to my family or unforgivable shame. This part-time flying business does not sound my style. I've looked into it and although you have the funds you can move at a pretty good pace, I have a feeling about this place, an instinct in which I feel will be my downfall if i do not follow.

So how to overcome this obstacle?
Well my step-dad wanted to put his house up for guarentor. £80,000 it is worth but the greedy bankers want more equity even though it covers the cost of the course and that it will be repaid.

Looked for sponsorships and even attempted to contact some famous entrepeneurs to appeal to their better nature but it did not turn out so good...as expected.

Has anybody here been in sponsorship by an organisation or something or another and are currently a pilot now? I'm literally on my last legs here. I cannot let finance in which I would easily repay stand in the way of my career.

And before some of the critics go 'debt is a terrible curse,' and so on...I am well aware of the financial responsibility I have committed myself to. Better to have faced the door to find it locked rather than not approach it at all.

Thanks guys.
-Cp