PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Modular V Integrated (Merged) - Look here before starting a new thread!
Old 7th Feb 2010, 07:38
SVoa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Even though we have all agreed that modular training is far cheaper than integrated training, everyone makes their own decisions based on what makes them feel safer and more satisfied at the end of the day. However standards differ from country to country. In my country they really couldn't care less where or what training you did. If you meet the requirements they call you in for an interview (if they are hiring) and if you perform to their standards during the assessments you get the job. Speaking with a few captains who are very close to me from a UK airline and from a Greek airline, they all say the same thing: You can never tell a difference between an integrated pilot or modular. Some fo's theyve flown with from the integrated path have had very poor knowledge and flying skills, and others have been top notch. Same goes for modular pilots. And I have a friend who went to one of the big boys for integrated training, and failed an airline assessment 3 times!!! And yes he passed everything first time.

In terms of how good a pilot you become has everything to do with you as a person and the effort and work you put in it. However in some countries, like the UK, if you havent done your training at one of the big boys, you are looked down upon from the airlines or not given an equal shot at a job. This is the airlines decision and nothing anyone can do about it. From the moment that you are not assured a job by giving your loot to an integrated school why do it????