PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Engine failure. Not a PT6 for a change
View Single Post
Old 5th Feb 2010, 13:50
Jamair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A few years ago a Skytrans 404 had an engine let go enroute to Yorke Is. As I remember it, (and anyone who has clearer recall feel free to jump in) the driver correctly shut it down and secured the dead 'un - which included pulling the warning U/C CB to shut up the horn bleating about one throttle being closed with the gear up, and diverted to Horn. When he got to HID, he made a normal visual approach but didn't get any gear position lights, so did a go-around - but left the gear down. Even with the gear down, heavily loaded and OEI, that bloody amazing aeroplane stayed airborne and came back for another go - this time he remembered the U/C CB also controlled the U/C position indicator lights.......

My favourite piston twin.

B200 my favourite turbine twin.

PC12 & C208 about tied for my favourite single.

Gidday Wally! Mate they're ALL twin hours for the book - the regs say twin engine aeroplane, don't say nuthin' about both engines having to be actually RUNNIN'! And your paramedic mate had probably heard what happens to a Jonas on board ship; didn't want to see if the same applied in the air!

Last edited by Jamair; 5th Feb 2010 at 14:08.