PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 4th Feb 2010, 16:40
kingofkabul

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scary statistics?

Hi, does anyone know of how many cadets have not been placed with airlines as at today?

I ask as I am considering CTC in the future - and by future I mean 3-4 years down the road dependent on T+C's, but am concerned by what I have read on these forums, and so thought I would do some digging of my own. I was recently looking at the annual accounts for Airline Placement Ltd for year to June 2009. Under "Stock" they list £17.826m as the "training costs of those pilots who have not yet been placed in employment with an airline". This is up from £12.056m from the previous period.

The £17.826m is similar to the £18.084m of creditors - bonds which represents the "security bonds deposited by pilots during training". Compare this to the situation on 20 June 2008, the bonds which had not been passed to an airline stood at £9.189m

If the "security bond" is £66,000 as I am led to believe, this implies that approximately 270 cadets were either in training, or had completed training and were in the "pool" at 30 June 2009.

...this figure of 270 seems a little high, and is double that of 30 June 2008. Can anyone confirm this is really the case, and if so how many cadets would there be ahead of me in the employment queue as of today?

Thanks for the insight,

KofK