PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Maun,Namibia and Zambia it is then!!!
View Single Post
Old 4th Feb 2010, 16:34
Kelly Hopper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kash, I can't tell you how much I wanted you to succeed in getting a first rung on the ladder, if for no other reason but to show all those pay2fly fools that there is an alternative means other than resigning ones life away to a road of debt.
Please do not come back home to do that as the real problem right now is one of timing.
There are hundreds of pay2fly's who after completing line training find themselves replaced by the guy behind them. It is a vicious circle that is geared all in favour of the airline at the expense of the wannabee, safety and passenger ignorance and indifference. Do you want to join them?
I don't know anything of flying in Maun but I can't help feel that at some other time you may have been more successful.
The aviation world is in an unprecedented trough right now. It has never seen such extreems of losses for operators, crews, or T's & C's.
In that environment to try to get a first job on a freshly printed licence with no operational experience in a foreign country was never going to be easy.
Perhaps at another time things would have been different.
My only real advise to you is to network network network, wherever you are. Keep your ear to the ground and chase every oportunity that arises. Take any job in aviation.
I for one will look forward to the day I read on here that you finally got it sorted.