PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Maun,Namibia and Zambia it is then!!!
View Single Post
Old 3rd Feb 2010, 23:27
Muddy Boots

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kash,

Ok so Maun hasn't worked out for whatever reason, which is probably the same reason a lot of people aren't working, the economy is and people haven't moved upwards and onwards. We are in the deepest recession in living memory, now Harry Patch has died I doubt there are many who can remember the 1920s downturn...

However, you're in Africa and there are other places to go while you're over there and it's the cost of a regional flight or bus or back of a lorry, rather than the cost of a long haul flight. Use Maun as a base to come back to as everyone knows you now and there are people you can trust there to leave some of your things if you need to. As I said before, it'll cost you a lot more to hang out in a bar in the UK than the one at camp Audi.

Why not get a job at the airport loading bags or at one of the game lodges greeting guests? Maybe even as a barman, which is the best way to get to know a whole town over night. Work out your accomodation and get your arse out of that tent which will make you feel better.

The title of this post is "Maun, Nambia and Zambia it is then!" It feels like you've only explored the other places breifly and there is more face time to be done by you. What about Tanzania or Zimbabwae to mention a few...?

I have never seen a post get so much attention on PPRUNE so fast and have so many people write such positive replys. For me I have got up every morning and logged in to see how you are. I, along with many others, will be very upset if you give up now.

PM me if you really want me to give you some hardcore encouragement ...

Muddy Boots