PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA - Lesson 1:01: How To Seriously Upset A Group Of Premium Customers
Old 2nd Feb 2010, 08:43
ODY757

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BA and LHR Service Levels

I now fly as a fare-paying passenger having recently retired from working in the industry for 40+ years.

There is no doubt that service levels in many airlines and airports have deteriorated in recent years : I personally believe that senior managers in these organisations fail to fully comprehend the fundamental business necessity of providing excellence in customer service and therefore do not ensure that this philosophy is driven down to their frontline staff and regularly checked for compliance.

Whilst T5 is a massive enhancement compared with other terminals at LHR, taking lengthy and crowded bus journeys to remote stands ( LHRYYZ 10Dec and YYZLHR 15Dec for example ) very much negates the experience of the new facilities. I have also found the transfer and security processes and staff leave much room for further improvement.

As for BA, their Club World product has continued to decline ; the above-mentioned flights were below expected standards from a comfort (B767) and service perspective. Even AC are now better.

In contrast I recently flew to S.A. with Qatar Airways : excellent service on all four sectors even if the crew lacked a degree of experience.

Off to BGI in March - this time with Virgin as I am no longer prepared to "risk" the all too variable service on BA.

I would say to all who are dissatisfied with BA, take your business where you think you will receive best value. There is no point whatsoever in handing your cash to any organisation who doesn't put your interests first.