PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet/CTC Cadet Pilot Slavery Contract
View Single Post
Old 1st Feb 2010, 08:53
one post only!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fly_antonov. The CTC cadets who you refer to started training years ago before the industry and the economy nose dived. ITS NOT THEIR FAULT!!!! Why should they bear the consequences? The ones starting now however I have less/no sympathy for.

You blame these cadets for taking out loans and now taking on poor contract jobs potentially lowering terms and conditions through the industry. They have little choice as they are going to go bankrupt if they don't. They are doing all they can to pay the bills. The airlines know this and are taking full advantage. This is not a situation of their choosing. What other option do they have? To go bankrupt and just sit around on benefits?

Well I note that is a option similar to one you have taken. You are stocking up savings as you get over 900 Euros a month from benefits!!! This after a year long state sponsored course. You might go to uni soon and get a degree on benefits. All paid for by the tax payer!!!

I am not having a go but why is it ok for you to take money from a tax payer but its not ok for these cadets to threaten current pilots T&C's. Who does it make self centered?

Neither of you chose to be in the situations you are in. Despite your good results and hard work on your course you can't get on a course to get an aircraft mechanics license.
Well despite these cadets good results and hard work they are being offered very poorly paid jobs.

A lot of what you say is very true and insightful but please show a bit of sympathy for these CTC cadets. There is a difference between the CTC situation, OAA and the other pay-to-fly courses. This situation is not their fault!