PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA - Lesson 1:01: How To Seriously Upset A Group Of Premium Customers
Old 30th Jan 2010, 10:35
Capetonian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When I had problems with BA a few years ago, and wanted to try to to find solutions rather than voting with my feet - as I subsequently did - I tried getting someone higher up the pile to listen. Complete waste of time, just standard cut and paste responses from minions to whom the letters are passed back. Persistence was ultimately rewarded by letters that weren't standard cut and paste but simply obfuscated or avoiding answering my concerns, and 'after reviewing this we have decided to close our file on this matter'.

That's not totally true, after one of my letters in which I said I would strenuously avoid flying BA in the future (never say 'never') I was sent a £100 voucher for - you guessed it - duty free shopping on board a BA flight.

This is the contempt with which they treat passengers, and the level is irrelevant, thus it's no wonder this morning's news states that they are heading for a £1 billion loss British Airways heading for a £1bn loss - Times Online. Whilst I have every sympathy for the majority of their staff, decent hard-working devoted people, I hope they will be able to weed out the trouble makers and ensure management changes. The rot starts at the top.