PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Maun,Namibia and Zambia it is then!!!
View Single Post
Old 29th Jan 2010, 14:34
Kash360

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Afternoon,

As you may guess my circumstances are yet still the same, and I am no closer yet to getting a job as I were yesterday. However today is a new day, and a new day brings hope but even that has faded for the day.

Tomorrow will be a new day and along with it comes hope, another early start today at the airport. Popped my head around the operators but no work to be done today. The operator I was meant to help was out of the office all day. So sat around at Bon Arrive sipping on a coffee milkshake, after doing another set rounds i decided come back to Audi camp (home sweet home).

Nearly every door in Maun is closed, and yet more people arrive daily. I managed to contact a few other operators today by telephone around Africa, but the first question they ask before you carry on the conversation is how many hours do you have? And as soon i say 284, they pretty much say thanks but no thanks.

I'm not too sure what the future for all of us low hour pilots will be, but it definitely is a struggle. I don’t agree with people paying for a type rating and then paying for 500 hours on type. But at least they have their applications looked out. I’m not that stupid or wealthy so I don’t have that choice

Was talking to a few guys about if things don’t work out here then I will have to go home and take a job at McDonalds as there is no jobs in engineering either.

Well let’s leave McDonalds for another time and concentrate on getting a flying job here or anywhere.

I know you are all saying keep positive and I totally agree and am trying my best. But i am in the battle field and seem to be on the losing side. But I will give it my best to be the last man standing.

Anyway better go,

Take care!!