PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dragonair (KA) recruitment?
View Single Post
Old 29th Jan 2010, 11:26
holdmetight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KA Initial Test

The KA Initial Test lasts about 2 hours, and is divided into the following components:

1. English Grammar Test (50 minutes)
2. English Listening Test Part A
3. English Listening Test Part B
4. Numeracy Test (30 minutes)

English Grammar Test:
This is basically a paper from the Oxford Placement Test. There is more than enough time to complete the paper and double-check your answers. Questions look like this: I "would like/have liked/should like" to order a coffee. You are required to tick the correct option. Easy as.

English Listening Part A:
This is another section from the Oxford Placement Test. They will play a tape from a radio placed in front of the room, so you will need to concentrate. The speakers have heavy British accents so be warned. There are 100 questions and they all look like this: I would like to order "a nice cold/an ice cold" drink. Again, tick the correct option.

English Listening Part B:
This is an in-house listening test created by Dragonair. You will first be given about 10 seconds to read about 4-6 questions and memorize them. Then you will be asked to cover up the questions and listen to a recording lasting about 30 seconds. After listening to the recording, you will then open up the questions and answer them. You do this 3 times. Relax but concentrate on listening, for the same reasons as listed above.

Numeracy Test:
Basically this is like any math test you can expect for a graduate management trainee job. There are 20 questions, which require very basic mathematical skills, but you will be required to do a lot of calculations to get an answer. You are not allowed to use a calculator. The key is to keep calm and try your best to maintain accuracy. I do not think the paper is finish-able, so just try your best and do whatever you can. Questions look like these:
Numeric

I was told to expect one week in which to receive notification for the Aptitude Test, if successful.

Last edited by holdmetight; 30th Jan 2010 at 09:11.