PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Irish Air Traffic Controllers to be suspended
Old 25th Jan 2010, 19:04
VoxPopuli

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not from the Emerald Isle but here's an outsider view. Use it, don't use it.

However, you need to realise the result of this is that public perception of ATCO's so-called grievance is going south.
And what are they going to do about it? Use another service provider? Best of both worlds is a monopoly in a captive market. Take a bus if you have issues Mr. Joe Public.

The persons who missed a funeral, the persons who missed their holiday their business deal their job interview don't buy it.
Cry me a f@#$%ng river. Deep down ATCs don't care about perceptions, fuel burn or missed appointments.

...we'd fire you all as you represent a hinderance to the economic recovery of a country you care little for.
If you want to see a hindrance then go ahead, make my day.

Then, why are you the second highest paid ATCO's in Europe?
Well, when you make a list of things someone has to be first and second and third and....

Sticks and stones will break my bones, but words will never harm me. As much as the traveling public and pilots scream and bleat, there is not really anything substantial they can do. And the more you suspend/fire ATCs the worse it gets for the aforementioned.

Now, go ahead and rip me to pieces. I don't give a toss.