PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TU-154 Crash in Mashhad Iran
View Single Post
Old 25th Jan 2010, 15:15
ATC Watcher
Pegase Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Iranair 777 : If you change " America" by the US administration and the UN security council " you'll be more correct. Some of the trade sanctions are from the UN no ?.
I was told the issue is the possible dual use of those aircraft . I understand your Air force and your Revolutianry Guards Air branchh has a lot of 707s and 747s they would also like to change.
So the main problem regarding Iran is political and has more to do with the "N" word in my opinion wont'you agree ?.

Aviaservice :Good point, but for your info there is no longer any French-built large aircraft unfortunately. Dassault is the last one and it is business jets. The Airbus familly is European, France has only 40% of it.

Finally there are a lot of western types flying in Iran , Iran air (*)and Mahan air fly exclusively western types incl A300-600 , A320s and 747-400.

Cleartocross : absolutely spot on ! This accident has indeed nothing to do with Tupolevs, trade sanctions or spare parts, just someone deciding to have a go below minima.
Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not and it ends badly.

Avman " Hi long time no see , you're OK ?