PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Irish Air Traffic Controllers to be suspended
Old 24th Jan 2010, 09:57
west atc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The reason he can't provide a link is that it is actually not true.

Good post Hangten but:

1. A new system tool was introduced which meant that a single tactical controller is now on a position which was previously manned by two - a planner and a tactical. This is akin to improving an aircraft FMS and decreeing that that a First Officer is now not required on the flight deck. This change was not discussed but was enforced. 15 controllers refused to work on grounds of safety and were suspended without pay. This appears to me to be entirely unacceptable and the controllers have my full support.
The Single Person Operations project was actually cancelled by the IAA because of the downturn in traffic. This dispute was actually about other projects that are only at either the research and development stage or the training stage. This is not, as you would think if you believed everything you read on the news, about ATC not cooperating with new technology that has already been introduced at the coal face.

If I as a member of the general public had my way, and mark my words the public will one day soon, we'd fire you all as you represent a hinderance to the economic recovery of a country you care little for.
If you are in fact just a member of the general public, then you are getting all your facts from RTE or the IAA spin doctors. Oh and hindrance is spelt like this not hinderance, try using a spell checker!

You are a small group of over paid self interested public servants and your actions have been abysmal and irresponsible. Your pathetic whinging and arrogant easy living actions have not gone unnoticed by the public. You can't have unrestrained greed in a civilised society. It is detrimental to us all and in the end you'll have society to answer to.
MOL saying that we are public servants over and over does not actually make it true. We are employees of a profit making semi-state company that has enough money to pay its CEO an incredible amount of money and also enough money to move into the Irish Times building in town at an increased cost to the company because of the amount of overpaid managers they have on their books.

Time to ignore the troll