PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas B737 Rates of pay
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jan 2010, 13:02
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Danger

Oh FFS wombat watcher. My original comments included this phrase:

...plus or minus a bit would be in the ball park.
So this year the divisor is back at 70 hours a month which means 840 pay hours for the year. I'm out by just under 7%. In previous years the divisor has been above 75 hours so that means they would get paid more than the numbers I've quoted. On that basis I'd maintain that my original statement of '900 pay hours plus or minus a bit' is a fair statement. Perhaps you can put forward an alternative version instead of just hurling the insults.

So let's look at your annual leave comment. Last I knew, 737 drivers get paid for annual leave. I haven't read the award in depth but I suspect that they get divisor pay. If that's the case and the divisor is 75 every month of the year then that's what they're going to get on those six weeks leave also. Twelve months with the divisor at 75 is going to give you 900 hours pay. Of course your stick hours will be closer to 800 for that pay given your month and a half on annual leave.

To sum up so far, I put a post up which you branded as 'mostly wrong' but don't elaborate as to what exactly was wrong with it. I ask you as to where the error may be. Your response is to tell me I'm full of BS and then point out that I've used a lessor divisor that whilst correct for most previous years, is incorrect for this year.

If this means my original comments were 'mostly wrong' then you must be perfect. In that case I bow to your obviously superior intellect and I accept my place in the world as a complete numpty. I await your great wisdom as you put forward the required corrections instead.

Given our respective contributions to this thread I'm pretty comfortable as to which of us is full of crap and which of us isn't. I wonder if that can be determined from Qrewroom contributions also.