PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Irish Air Traffic Controllers to be suspended
Old 21st Jan 2010, 01:07
daveyb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
viper3 you and your colleagues may not be allowed to post the full story or parts that the IAA/IBEC keep forgetting to mention.
I will happily do it below is a piece from the times on the CEO Eamonn brennan brother of the late Seamus Brennan who happened to be the minister of transport(jobs for the boys me thinks).
most of the red top rags are printing in bold the salary of 160k for an ATCO i heard from a source that its 115k after 20yrs service so were are the rag papers getting 160k?(IAA/IBEC ?)
IBEC is the employers union so to speak who are hell bent on reducing wages wether it be public/private sector i wouldnt believe a word from them,as according to them the average wage in the ESB is 90k(which is utter bull)
I lost my job last year and have been doing agency work since its not ideal but it pays the bills i was offered a job in the mean time driving an artic for the minimun wage in Ireland for a well known british supermarket.
transport costs are one of the biggest for retailers(fuel&drivers wage being the biggest).
did the chain pass on the costs to the consumer did they f**K its a race to the bottom.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/...246190751.html