PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Irish Air Traffic Controllers to be suspended
Old 19th Jan 2010, 20:05
5milesbaby

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Perfect support 737-500. I would guess that 'these lads' would have considered this quite deeply and aren't just walking out for the fun of it. I really wish that we at NATS had voted in full support of striking and walked out, screwing the public in the interim, but quite frankly, THATS THE POINT. Its a finger at the company you work for and a stand for what you believe in saying you will not be pushed around and accept anything they throw at you. Put that company on the line and in the light of disrupting the public, hopefully they'll compromise and you get more rights. I'm sorry you may not make the start of your type rating, honestly I really am, but don't blame the controllers, blame THEIR EMPLOYER. Facts and figures mean nothing, I have seen far too many to never believe NATS again in my life, I have voted for and against too many pay AND pension ballots and now think that they can say anything and it means nothing. NATS are in trouble so we change the pension however we make a profit and we all get a payout via our share options. Great. I'd rather the former thanks. Bout time I went and learnt Spanish, bloody deserve it.