PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Maun,Namibia and Zambia it is then!!!
View Single Post
Old 19th Jan 2010, 19:31
Kash360

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evening guys,

Firstly i'd like to say thanks to the above post. Very kind of you guys to write such comments.

After about 5 hours of sleep last night and an upset stomach went back to the paradise city (Maun Airport). Sat at Bon Arrive and met the new pilots who had come into town while i was away. I sat there pretending that i had just arrived into Maun and was the new boy. I had them going for about 30 minutes before i ended up telling them that i have been around for 3 weeks. I know it was mean but just abit of self humour!!

Did my rounds at the operators trying to get on some flights but the companies are very quite themselves. Sat around Bon arrive again most of the day as one of the operators asked me to help them with some data analysing and doing some chart stuff.

Have spent most of the evening working on it and have just finished it. Hopefully i havent made any mistakes and will hand it in tomorrow.

Was offered a house sit too which i took without a thought but that starts next week and its just for a few days. But it's better than nothing.

So 26 guys in town fighting for the same food. The pressure is now certainly on. And to anyone even thinking of coming bring your A game. The competion is high and strong.

Been given some advice through PM which is basicly stick at it and dont put all your eggs in one basket and to throw your net further afield. So been calling operators in Africa today trying to get a feel of where next to pitch my tent.

I know sometimes i come across as a crying baby and when i have PM of people telling me that it had taken them 7 months to find there first job, i feel like an idiot.

But the truth is that this is my last chance, like many off you my finances are starting to dry out and i dont wish to go asking anyone for hand outs. I made the choice of becoming a pilot and saved every penny while my mates used to go out on nights out. And so i dont wish to borrow money for a future that is uncertain. Im not better than anybody and am glad that my feet are firmly on the ground. Im not a person who feels he is too proud to ask for help in fact i have said on here many of times that im not shy in asking for advice. But i dont wish to gammble other peoples money.

Spoke to my family today who are 100% behind me and thats what counts the most.

I noticed on one of the posts that someone has requested for some photos on here. I promise i will put them on. But i dont wish to put peoples faces up on here until i have asked for there permission.

But dont worry guys i still have health, strength and hope. And so am not looking at giving up anytime soon. We all have bad days and these are mine. But at the same time i am meeting some great people and seeing some amazing sites. And it will be these things that will help me through.

As always i hope this post finds you well.

But for now take care and Godspeed!!