PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2010, 14:50
flipster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There was a time when I think many would have accepted any 'lesser' verdict, just to remove the stigma of 'gross negligence'. Such a stance would have given Their Airships a way out - with only minimal loss of face.

Unfortunately, it is coming to light that not only did Day and Wratten get it wrong but, ever since, there has been a 'pighead' (collective noun) of lemming-like Air Marshalls who have not been prepared to accept that two of their number made an error. In doing, they have colluded so as to maintain the abhorrent level of blame on the unfortunate pilots despite mountains of doubt.

That, as leaders in whom Her Majesty has placed 'especial trust', is absolutely unforgiveable and they have forfeited the opportunity for an easy escape. In the minds of many, these Sirs, Lords and Air Marshalls have no honour or decency and they are a disgrace to the uniform they once wore. If it were up to me, I would be happy to see their heads on a pole (proverbially) - preferably lining the Embankment, outside Lemming Main Building.

It is not up to me of course but, judging by the pigheads' letter in the DT yesterday, I suspect that they are already squirming - which will only intensify in court. Bring it on - I have no sympathy for them.