PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - List of "Pay-to-Fly" airlines
View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2010, 09:09
Vortex Surfer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paying to fly (Work)...

Quote: "The cadets coming out of training now didn't know it would be like this when they started training."

1. Then why doesn't the flight school or academy tell them exactly that as they walk in the door? There are also plenty of Aviation & Aerospace Intelligence and Economic info available in the papers and on the web... Your banker or, at least, your garantor should know about this before handing you the big check!!!

Quote: "They are desperate, many of them have massive debts, and they will grab any opportunity they get."

2. So now what? Getting into more debt is the only solution??? Look, when a Doctor or a lawyer ends his studies, is qualified but inexperienced, does he or she begin to practice by immediately handing out a big fat check to his new employer when joining the team? Don't think so.

Conclusion:

Look, I think the German Gov. has done the rightful thing by limiting the type bonding to one year. (Read thread #103) Other Governments should act in the same way, starting with the US and their food-ticket paid pilots.

Airlines like any other companies have to stop making money out of their employees and pilots now must just start putting an end to this spiraling effect of funding their jobs and working for free.

You young cadet just fresh out of school, do you remember the best way out of a spin? Then why keeping the spiral motion going, if you know what I mean...

And to you experienced guys out there reading this, inside your collective agreements and labor unions or not, just act within your airlines to stop this trend as well. It's not just because you had to pay your way in, that everybody else has to go through the same as you. Bloody act.

In the end it affects you and your future carreer, as well.