PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2010, 08:47
R T Jones

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Listening to ex-ctc cadets on this thread has made me realise my thoughts are not entirely unreasonable!
Jamer, I really hope this is just some kind of a wind up. You try reading what you've written here when you've sat in the holdpool for 6 months, with your loan starting to feel like a grand piano suspended just above your head. I don't want to hurl abuse towards you as there has been plenty already done, just wanting to try and understand how on earth you feel this way.
I also echo comments on this thread that anyone looking to start flying training now and for the previous 6 months must have no problems with money. The job I currently do, working 50hours a week will just about earn me £1000k after tax, so I could just about make repayments. Just the small fact I wouldn't have any money left over to have a life! When I joined, it was a golden ticket, the entire amount given to you without so much as a credit check, when you finish, a choice of airlines to go and a permanent contact at the end. A great, great shame that this is no longer the case