PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2010, 05:15
Romeo Oscar Golf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am known to one or two of the above Air Marshals, individually or collectivelly, and I believe that their comments are challengeable from all historical Service viewpoints. In my view, it is sad to see that those who were then responsible for making judgemental views, and who are now retired, are now seemingly unable to offer incisive views, other than to close ranks and protect arse.
Likewise.
Many of us can quote the "there but for the grace of God" near accident in which we were involved, but we are still alive and can explain our actions (or try to defend them).
This is denied to the crew of the Chinook.
The unbelievable arrogance of these ancient aviators leaves me gasping, unless of course there is an agenda so damning that it's worth selling your soul to the devil now.

Extract from a Telegraph article earlier this month which I had missed.
It is hard to comprehend why the Ministry of Defence so stubbornly persists in refusing to remove this stain on the memory of the pilots. An institutionalised resistance to a decent resolution of this matter appears to have taken a grip of the department. Either that, or they are trying to hide something.

Last edited by Romeo Oscar Golf; 15th Jan 2010 at 05:33. Reason: Add quote