PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 14th Jan 2010, 23:54
FlyBoyFryer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you take the plunge now, and at any time in the forseeable future, I promise that the only things you will have at the end of the course are a worthless shiny blue book, and memories of Furnace and Firecats in The Tron. Nothing else.
And yet, John Smith, I think you're also incorrect in the above. The truth (at least for me) lies somewhere in between what people like you and Jamer have to say. Don't get me wrong, I agree with some of the comments you've just made. It bizarre how cavalier some people can be with their money and security?! I'm sure they won't be that way inclined when the baliffs arrive, as you say.

Times are indeed tough but there are still individuals out there who are securing gainful employment. They may be few and far between... but the fact remains. BALPA's healine article from Oct/Nov 09 "A Change for the Worse" sums it all up when it comes to Cadet schemes and the myriad of associated concerns.

CTC still offers a scheme where opportunities are presented. The terms may have changed but if you're prepared to work with them... they're still valid.

Where I have to agree with Jamer is how this forum has slowly but surely degraded into one which shows little or no support for aspiring pilots and where viscous rumours are rife (it's amazing how inaccurate reports about CTC are until someone volunteers the truth - the starting point is always way off!). For every pearl of wisdom, there seems to be ten or so kick in the balls. I used to pay attention to what others like WWW and the rest of them have to say... but now all they do is state there's absolutely sweet FA out there. The predicted timescales get longer, the rhetoric increases, and self-congratulations abound over how right they were it was always going to end in tears. The way they phrase their comments these days, it sounds almost illogical to maintain a positive outlook. Instead, we should simply give up hope.

It's this lack of unity and cohesion that breeds malcontent. Ultimately, it spells the end of any valued contribution from this forum for me. It pains me to say this.

Rest assured I'll read your response to this post (if you so choose) but now that I've said my piece, I'll leave it at that.

Lastly, I sincerely hope we all get what we deserve after the time, money and efforts spent.

All the best to you and Jamer alike.