PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 14th Jan 2010, 19:35
bast0n

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VEVEVOOATIHOOATTACK

Quote:
It may well be the most likely cause, but can I just throw in the words "No doubt whatsoever"?

There is no doubt whatsoever that they displayed poor airmanship skills, poor navigation skills and poor CRM.

They were however, not guilty of gross negligence.
Spot on old bean.

Thor

You've recently said you are against the verdict, but every time you post it is with a "they flew the helicopter into the ground, get over it" tone.

It may well be the most likely cause, but can I just throw in the words "No doubt whatsoever"?

The verdict as stated is fundamentally not supported by the (lack of) evidence. Even you have admitted that, haven't you?

The airworthiness issue deserves to be addressed, and the appropriate measures taken, but the verdict must be changed.
Yup - but I have always said that on the evidence available mistakes were made by the crew. Remember my "coming home with heather in the wheels " post. An inch or two in either direction and we would not be here now, but it would still have been pilot error. Sorry if I am confusing you again Seldom!

Where aircraft do not have data recording, and for 100 years or so they have not,(FAA not thet Crabs!!) verdicts have been based on experience and what the experts of the day have surmised from what has been available.

I still run with "Pilot error" and that is no big deal.