PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Growing Evidence That The Upturn Is Upon Us
Old 13th Jan 2010, 07:11
smith

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All im saying that there are airlines out there that are willing to take a 250hr pilot on
Yeah Ryanair.

I believe Loganair have just hired a few new FO's but they were instructors from Tayside and I also believe Eastern have hired some newbies too.

Flying Virgin I like your positive attitude but I think you have bitten off much more than you can chew: fiance, baby and ATPL all by the time you are 21??? I would stick to scaffolding if it can pay you the amounts needed to fund all three of those.

people retiring, new airlines forming etc
The retirement bulge has been talked about for years but I have never seen it affect recruitment in any big way, anyway BA has increased its retirement age from 55 to 60 and the legal retirement age for flying has been increased from 60 to 65. Believe me not but this has had a major impact on the retiral rate that you talk of and consequently the hiring rate too.

New airlines forming: can you give me the names of these new airlines please?

etc: can you give me a list of the etc's that will affect airline recruitment?

Sorry to be a fly in the ointment but unless you go the Ryanair route I can see no other way in at the moment however I would like be proved wrong. Keep us informed of what happens mate.