PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Maun,Namibia and Zambia it is then!!!
View Single Post
Old 12th Jan 2010, 13:07
Kash360

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Afternoon guys,

Hope all is well and good, another day in Maun is passing me by fast.

I would like to thank everyone for your post and private messages allot of kind words and encouragment.

Another early start today got a ride into the airport as im starting to learn the art of hitch hiking.

Did the rounds to the operators again no flight or hiring today. So spent the next five hours sitting at Bon Arrive.

Its' been 2 weeks i have been here now and the number of people coming into town is increasing daily. Someone today told me that it's now up 16 people looking for jobs. I wouldnt stop anyone coming or discourge them infact i would try and help anyone coming in town. But just take a second to think if this is where you want to come with so many people here with no jobs. Again i did it and im still here in search of a job.

I was sitting at the coffee shop today watching this mentally challanged person who is known in town as the crazy bloke. But i thought who is the crazy ones here him who never had a choice of being the way he is. Or me sitting around every morning thousands of miles away at home at 7:30 am in hope for a job or a flight. I didnt come to a conclusion but thats what 5 hours of sitting around makes you think.

No one came to the barbeque last night so it just ended up being all the wannabes making steaks and peri peri chickens. I must say that the meat here is outstanding and cheap. Doing the same again today.

We all made our career choices and its not easy for anyone in anytime period let alone the recesion. But we must all plug away some have taken loans some borrowed there parents money and some worked and saved up to follow this path. If you give up like i have read a thread on here of some people doing its not a bad thing remember giving up ahead is not the same as giving up but it's not my choice my choice is to fight all the way to where i have always wanted to be without hurting people on the way.

So again guys i wish you all the best in whatever you choose. We are all in the same boat and this boat will one day take us to our destination.

But please post or PM on here give me your views. If anyone has any leads anywhere in the world to help your peer out by PM. It's your thread too.

Take care and Godspeed