PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gretchen Burrett to leave NATS
View Single Post
Old 8th Jan 2010, 17:32
alfaman

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
Anotherthing

Thanks, but I wasn't directly quoting you, or I would have used quotation marks; I was endeavouring to summarise the sentiment in both posts & expressing my personal sadness that it still exists; as one of the many who've endeavoured to move the debate beyond the "his/their/my fault" of yesteryear, I find it wearisome at times.
I saw your emoticon; however what "evil" meant in that context eluded me. I think, perhaps, the last couple of lines in your post don't read quite as humourously as you'd meant them to, certainly to me. However, if that was how you meant it, fair enough.

Otherwise, the peculiarity to me in the article above, & in the previous posts is, I don't feel Gretchen was one of the invisible movers & shakers: whenever I've met her, we've usually been in the company of many other ATCOs, & she always come across as very knowledgable in her field & very approachable. I appreciate my experience may not be universal,but she certainly wasn't hiding from where I've been standing. I'm quite intruiged to see who steps into her role, if indeed the new CEO feels it needs filling.