PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All ex Buccaneer Pilots we need your help, Beware Big Pics
Old 7th Jan 2010, 18:16
jumpseater

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I doubt TM is an active modeller with this statement
If it is 48th scale then it will merely duplicate the kit which Airfix has been producing for years. Admittedly it looks much better in terms of quality and detail but it will inevitably cost 2-3 times the price of the Airfix kit, so it will hardly be worth it.

otherwise he'd realise that the Airfix version currently isn't available. Also he'd realise that to get the Airfix version to the quality of this one, assuming it's 1/48th he'd need to buy aftermarket products, which would push the price up by three or four times the price he paid for the kit. Then there's the time and skill required to fit them, rarely an easy task. The tooling on the Buc appears extraordinary, the separate wiring looms, fluid pipes and ducting are a quantam step forward if that is what will be available in the kit.

For the record manufacturers do look at fora and can detect the BS merchants, 'foamers' and armchair modellers. Just on this forum alone Trumpeter have three pages of unofficial advertising, Mr Song, who's name I came across on a modelling forum at least four years ago, connected to Trumpeter, will no doubt be sitting 'grasshopper' styley smiling at those shouting, 'I'll fire aimlessly if you don't come out' ...

Foldie see post #16 for why manufacturers drawings don't tell the full story